SporkDAO Board of Stewards Role

TL;DR

If you would like to nominate yourself as a candidate for the SporkDAO BoS, please reply to this topic with the following information:

• Name:
  • Ethereum Address:
  • Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards?
  • What qualifications / skills do you have that make you the right choice?
  • How have you contributed in the past to the Ethereum community?
  • How have you contributed in the past to the ETHDenver community?

Description

The SporkDAO Board of Stewards (BoS) consists of 9 Community Members who volunteer to assist in governance and decision making. The BoS will be responsible for implementing a progressive decentralization governance model such that our community will eventually be entirely independent from centralized control.

Qualifications

Previous stewardship experience with ETHDenver OR a demonstrated commitment to the vision of SporkDAO. Must be a Member (must have previously attended ETHDenver at least one year).

Core Decisions

The BoS will make directional and strategic decisions. Operational decisions will be left to each MetaDAO. ETHDenver, ColoradoJam, and Bufficorn Ventures will each have their own operational governance models. Any $SPORK grants must be approved by the BoS other than what has already been approved in the initial Genesis Distribution.

Board of Stewards Elections

Nominations will be open September 1 - 30, 2021. Once the nominations process has been completed, the strategic contributors council (temporary group of past contributors) will vote on the initial BoS, consisting of 9 Members. Voting will complete no later than October 15th.

Time Commitment

1 year; 4-6 hours per month.

Board of Stewards Rewards

$SPORK allocation as indicated in the Tokenomics Paper and as ratified by the strategic contributors council.

5 Likes
  • Name: Casey G
  • Ethereum Address: 0xcf1f993add8c0f080e340d8df277b508351de5d8
  • Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards? Currently a ETHDenver Steward that is always willing to help and contribute as much as possible. Love the community we’ve all helped build over the course of 5 years and want to continue making a difference in bringing awareness to the ETH and DAO communities.
  • What qualifications / skills do you have that make you the right choice? I love helping and assisting in making this DAO successful. The community here is amazing and making the right decisions that impact the future would be 2nd nature. Let me work for you!
  • How have you contributed in the past to the Ethereum community? ETH Foundation member as well as a developer to multiple projects in the ecosystem.
  • How have you contributed in the past to the ETHDenver community. ETHDenver BUIDL and Mentor Steward for the past 2 years.
6 Likes
  • Name: Huluyu
  • Ethereum address: 0x8923b496D365c6dE1D694de37E9e11c18627DEc2
  • Why do you want to be a member of the SporkDAO Management Committee? Willing to provide as much help and contribution as possible. I love my community and hope to continue to make a difference in raising the awareness of the ETH and DAO communities.
  • What qualifications/skills do you have to make you the right choice? I like to help and assist in making this DAO a success. The community here is great, and making the right decisions that affect the future will be second nature. Let me work for you!
  • How have you contributed to the Ethereum community in the past? Members of the ETH Foundation and participants in multiple projects in the ecosystem.
  • How have you contributed to the ETHDenver community in the past. ETHDenver BUIDL and Mentor Steward for the past 1 year.

Please refrain from placing false information or copying others submission data on your application.

1 Like

Name
Skyler

Ethereum Address
0x8C0E1c1B7Ca56cBF74B88DE1C07E0A7216ee90b6

Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards?
Long time believer and proponent of Ethereum. Have had much respect for EthDenver, its mission, and its role in the wider Ethereum community. I want to be a part of helping it flourish!

What qualifications / skills do you have that make you the right choice?
Forward thinker with a unique perspective/background not common in this space. Naturally collaborative and mission driven. Able to bridge gap between technical and business.

How have you contributed in the past to the Ethereum community?
Been running a home node since 2016 and onboarded many into community. I’m not a developer, but a consensus builder and educator.

How have you contributed in the past to the ETHDenver community?
Volunteered at EthDenver in 2019

3 Likes
  • Name: CupOJoseph
  • Ethereum Address: 0x7e225a2a269f7af1c884b20f2ba30e8c6573edff
    Preserve the spirit of the builder and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.
    Run 1000+ hackathons before, previously evangelist at gitcoin, builder of builders, DAOer of DAOs
    Ethereum.org contributor, web3.py contributor, creator of many tutorials and learning resources for devs.
    Yes, volunteer, hacker every year, workshop giver.
2 Likes
  • Name:

CryptoChicks (Elena)

• Ethereum Address:
    0xb41b842AA0f803eA815eE9A4EEF956ddF8745a66

I have been a fan and active participant of ETHDenver every year since its first year. I can help to make ETHDenver even better!

• What qualifications/skills do you have that make you the right choice?

Hackathon organizing - organized CryptoChicks Hackathons: Canada (2 large ones), Bahamas, Pakistan, PlanetWide (56 countries). Raising money from sponsors - raised funds for all CryptoChicks Hackathons. Have a team behind me to help: my team usually travels with me and helps out on all hackathons.

CryptoChicks helped to run all ETHDenver hackathons, EDCON in Toronto, EDCON in Australia, coordinated volunteers at DevCon in Prague and Japan, helped to raise money for CryptoCHicks Hatchery Ehereum female-led startups with a help of Ethereum Foundation.

Run the separate CryptoChicks and Beginner tracks for ETHDenver in the past years, judging ETHDenver in the past years, speaking at ETHDenver in all past years.

1 Like
  • Name: Sae

• Ethereum Address: 0xA71fc30bE6a49Dcd58896cEBdE459BA691e22D6b

I am a big supporter of all the Eth Denver activities and want to give back to this incredible community. My personal goals are aligned with the goals of this DAO.

• What qualifications / skills do you have that make you the right choice? I am a Developer evangelist in the blockchain community, I love generating good content to onboard the Web2 folks to the web3 ecosystem. I am also good at communication and operations.

• How have you contributed in the past to the Ethereum community? I actively contribute to the Ethereum ecosystem by generating guides, tutorials, blogs and contributing to some awesome open source projects. I have organized a dozen of hackathons as a developer evangelist in my current job.

I have been a hackathon participant and took part in a lot of workshops/panels.

1 Like
  • Name: 0xJoshua

• Ethereum Address: 0x1dF428833f2C9FB1eF098754e5D710432450d706

• Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards? I’d like to take on a leadership role that spans across ETHDenver, ColoradoJAM, and Bufficorn Ventures, serving on the SporkDAO Board of Stewards would allow me to help each of our sub-DAOs from an official capacity. The Ballad of the Bufficorn is one of my favorite songs and I listen to it often- what we’re BUIDLing here is so important and the potential reaches so far beyond just the one event in Denver in February. I’m very excited to help with the next leg of SporkDAO’s journey.

• What qualifications / skills do you have that make you the right choice? I have a well-rounded background in the Etherspace with experience spanning DAOs, DeFi, NFTs, community organizing, fundraising, business development, government, and a total ethos alignment with SporkDAO.

• How have you contributed in the past to the Ethereum community? As Membership Steward for Opolis, a Member of MetaCartel, Paladin of DAOHaus, Hunter of RaidGuild, Member of WhalerDAO, Summoner of ChessDAO (where I serve as a Delegate to UberHaus, Evangelizer of POAP, Patron of MetaGame, Member of the Panvala League, Headbot of MetaFactory, Community Member of Metamask, Admin of DSD, Member of BanklessDAO and FWB, my contributions can be found throughout the Ethereum ecosystem.

• How have you contributed in the past to the ETHDenver community? Volunteered in 2020, Meta Steward in 2021, organized and Streamed the 2021 Chess Tournament, helped write the SporkDAO whitepaper, coordinated partnership between ETHDenver <> MetaFactory and am handling ops fulfillment of the SporkDAO merch. I served on the SporkDAO launch team, am a core contributor to the 5280 Project, and helped represent SporkDAO at MCON (organizing Chess + Poker). I also serve as a right hand to the Executive Steward and am helping close 2022 sponsorships.

4 Likes

Name: Adam Blumberg

ETH Address: 0xF053aDb5D6310219f84B5792db23a4feD3C25d57

Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards? I am very passionate about the Ethereum and DeFi ecosystems. While we can grow and exist in distributed teams, it is so helpful to be able to meet in person. I want to be a part of helping the in-person meetings that spur development.

What qualifications / skills do you have that make you the right choice? I see ETH and DeFi from the perspective of the financial services community, which is different from most. I have a good number of contacts in DeFi and in traditional finance, as well as a YouTube channel with over 6000 subscribers. I’ve also been the founder, and continue to help run, 2 DAOs - LearnDAO, and PlannerDAO.

How have you contributed in the past to the Ethereum Community? First, I have started with education. We have a YouTube channel - Interaxis - that explains crypto and many DeFi concepts.

I also started the first course to teach financial advisors about crypto and DeFi, with a major focus on Ethereum. We are also creating a DeFi Toolkit for Financial Advisors. This will allow financial advisors to help clients with ETH wallets, and DeFi directly.

How have you contributed in the past to the ETHDenver community? I have only attended ETHDenver one time, in 2020.

2 Likes

- Name:

• Dan Shields

- Ethereum Address:

- Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards?

• I have been a long term supporter, volunteer, participant, and steward of ETHDenver since the first hackathon event. I love this community, and the hackathon is always the highlight of my year that I have spend considerable time and effort before, during, and after the event. In the new DAO I would be honored to continue doing this formally as a Steward sporkster :bowing_man: . I am expressly intesrested in DAO govenance and operations as well, that this role will require.

- What qualifications / skills do you have that make you the right choice?

• I am a contributor in other DAOs and intend to bring best practices here to SporkDAO. I also ave been deeply involved in putting on previous ETHDenver events. Notably BUIDLWeek I have focused on to support learning and growth around the main hackathon that I intend to continue to do with the support of the DAO.

- How have you contributed in the past to the Ethereum community?

• Outside ETHDenver, I have supported many blockchain events and run the https://cryptorado.org community here in the Denver/Boulder area. I :heart: all things Distributed Web. (with a soft spot for Colorado’s community specifically)

- How have you contributed in the past to the ETHDenver community?

• Yes, and will continue to do so. Ideally on this board to increase my impact potentail :family:
3 Likes

Name: Julian Traversa

Ethereum Address: 0x3f60008Dfd0EfC03F476D9B489D6C5B13B3eBF2C

Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards? My life has been significantly impacted by the project I started at ETHDenver 2020. I am of course passionate about the space in general, but more specifically im passionate about ensuring others can benefit from the great platform that I did.

I’m currently the CEO of Swivel Finance (DefiHedge from ETHDenver 2020), and have experience both managing and being the member of a few DAO’s, and am also a gitcoin kernel as well as defialliance mentor. Moreover i’m happy to make open-source contributions whenever my schedule can line up :slight_smile:

I’ve largely contributed by supporting a number of hackathons, as well as the gitcoin community. I briefly mentioned it above, but I am a gitcoin kernel mentor, DefiAlliance mentor, as well as gitcoin DAO steward.

I’ve of course benefited from the platform that ETHDenver provided (my hackathon project has become my life), and I judged ETHDenver 2021 as well.

1 Like

Name

@Yonks Ξ Jason Younker

Ethereum Address

yonks.eth

Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards?

The Board of Stewards concept is a great way to allow those that wish to utilize their leadership skills to further the development of the mission/vision of SporkDAO. There is such a difference in the historical and cultural significance that resonates within my core being when I hear the words “Board of Stewards” vs the traditional corporate concept “Board of Directors”.

When I learned that SporkDAO is implementing a BoS … I felt the universe pulling me towards this opportunity. I even referenced this forum post within REtoken DAO’s “RIP-1 | Genesis Proposal” on Snapshot.org (a tokenized web3 community that I am a founder of … see below).

I :heart: Colorado and have called the Front Range my home since the late 90’s. My geographic proximity will make it easy to fulfill any SporkDAO in person opportunities &/or obligations that may arise in Colorado.

In my time working for “Corporate America” and then “Corporate India” I have international experience effectively leading global teams. I have also been a lifelong student of leadership my entire adult life.

I deeply care about implementing win / win / win (Triple Win) situations in all of my activities and consciously consider “what can I do to add value to people that I engage with on a daily basis”.

I feel that I have the ability to effectively communicate in a manner that most people can easily understand. Whether that is written, verbal, or video communications. I enjoy creating easy to follow procedures, “HowTo” wiki posts and instructional videos.

I am newer to the “crypto scene” (as in Apr-2021 newer). I had the unique opportunity to participate as a “room moderator” on the “Crypto N Coffee” morning show on Clubhouse from Apr-Jul 2021 (Mon-Fri 8-11a EST) which substantially reduced a “normal crypto learning curve” and meanwhile provided guidance to the larger crypto community. This also allowed me to refine and polish my own auditory and “stage presence” skills.

Currently I am fully immersed and committed to the blockchain scene and am a full-time “DAOist”. In the past 30-60 days I have launched two tokenized web3 communities …

• @REtokenDAO | The Real Estate DAO

Accomplishments:

• @TheDAOhack | A “media DAO” about DAOs

launched: 01Sep20210

Episodes:

HowTo:

As you can see … I’m committed to bringing high quality projects & content to the greater Ethereum / Crypto / Blockchain communities.

• 17Sep2021 - participated in MCON 2021 SporkDAO Poker Tournament
  • 26Jun2021 - participated in ETHDenver SporkDAO launch party & NFT Art Bazaar
  • bought the “PINK SPORKΞ COIN” TEE
1 Like
  • Name: Justin Moskowitz

• Ethereum Address: 0x63729548cc3F51128B4693E8C9dCB1bFe786adF4

• Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards?**
    I’ve dedicated the last four years of my life to building ETHDenver into the event/community it is today and it’s important to me to see it continue to succeed as SporkDAO fully evolves.

Operations management and creative direction. I took ETHDenver from idea to reality, leading operations and embedding myself in every area of the event. I hope to have the opportunity to impart my knowledge/experience to Bufficorn community, keeping my hand on the back of the bike to help SporkDAO become fully self-sufficient.

Launched ETHDenver and supported other blockchain hackathons/events over the years. I’ve joined several DAOs and am excited to improve collaboration. I’m excited to help hackathon projects take the leap from idea to seed stage/MVP, through the development of Bufficorn Ventures and ColoradoJam.

Cofounder of ETHDenver and head of operations from the idea stage in 2017 through current day.

5 Likes

TL;DR

If you would like to nominate yourself as a candidate for the SporkDAO BoS, please reply to this topic with the following information:

• Name: Hannah Oreskovich
  • Ethereum Address: 0x9B154BDEA6d24F679f46a4f0C16A1B7BA7D3506b
  • Why would you like to be a member of the SporkDAO Board of Stewards? I have been involved with ETHDenver since 2018 - I initially interviewed John Paller for a VICE News feature and attended as press. From the first hour in the venue, I was hooked :slight_smile: I started working for ETHDenver full-time later that year, and helped produce the 2019, 2020, and 2021 events. I was the Marketing, PR, Social Media, and Communications Steward for those years and helped grow ETHDenver’s outreach, community, and press efforts. While I’ve transitioned to another role, I’d like to remain actively involved in the community that jumpstarted my crypto career in a way that makes a difference, drives growth, and continues to include female and diverse voices. I love my fellow Bufficorns.
    In my role with ETHDenver previously, taking community feedback and learning how to improve the event-- and its larger ecosystem-- was very important to me. I’d continue to bring the knowledge and experience of having been a part of this community from its start as both an attendee and a Steward. I have a passion to see ETHDenver and its role in the industry continue to improve and grow, and for its reach to help others onboard into blockchain tech the way that it helped me to.
    In 2017, I started attending Ethereum events and freelancing as a journo to publications like VICE News writing about blockchain tech. I was a press attendee at ETHDenver in 2018, worked full-time for the event in 2019, and worked part-time for the event in 2020 and 2021. I’ve also run the Marketing, PR & Comms for events including the DePhi Crypto for Good, Blockchain Training Conference, and other events to help individuals learn about and onboard into our ecosystem. I’ve worked for education and nonprofit entities helping others learn and use blockchain tech, including the CryptoCurrency Certification Consortium and BitGive; and I spent time with Opolis, a team fundamentally changing the way individuals access healthcare, get paid in crypto, and employ people through DAOs! I currently serve as the Events Director at Serotonin and am a member of the MGD DAO, whose focus is to bring more women into the space. I regularly continue to help individuals get involved in the Ethereum ecosystem, especially women and nonbinary individuals.
    I have answered this above. It’s a Bufficorn life for me :slight_smile:
3 Likes
  • Name:
    – Richard

• Ethereum Address:
    – richcuellarlopez.eth

– Honestly, the ETHDenver and Crypto Colorado embody the best parts of Ethereum’s community. Everyday I talk to different communities as part of my main hustle as Head of Marketplace for Pocket Network, but I hold SporkDAO as the gold standard to where communities should be heading. There has been tangible rewards from being part of this community, and I want to be a part of its story.

– I have the Ops background to help mobilize the resources needed. I work everyday on spreading decentralized infrastructure to different blockchains and have been a team player to help Pocket Network strengthen its mission. I used to work at large tech companies and also have smart contracts chops as well, so I can relate to a big part of our community. Ultimately, I aim to help organizations grow, and I think SporkDAO’s mission is a unique one that I can contribute to.

– I was an in-person volunteer for ETHDenver 2020 and am an active member of CryptoNYC. I have been happy to give back to the ChainShot community for smart contract developers and spend my day with Pocket Network and its DAO. Also happy to have worked on CastleDAO as part of a group project of ETHDenver 2020 :slight_smile:

I spent several long nights at ETHDenver 2020 volunteering and helping set up the venue. I actually really looking forward to doing so in person again, regardless of whether I make it on the Board of Stewards. I was part of Buidl week and helped organize Pocket Network’s sponsorship to MCON in Denver.

1 Like

[quote=“auryn, post:1, topic:53”]

• Name: Jonathan Palmer

• Ethereum Address: 0x4f44A2df1889965384B71BA0B0815156C9E97c4a

I’m incredibly passionate about stewarding and communicating the values of this community as we grow it.

Like, beyond nunchuck skills? I produce web3 content full time and bring that communication expertise to the DAO.

I have worked as an organizer for local blockchain meetups and produced several short films on the Ethereum ecosystem.

Volunteering in the beginning- I produced livestream content, I’ve designed lots of the physical NFT’s, once I solved a late night ETHDenver party problem and last year I directed 85hrs of livestream over 8 days.

It would be a privilege to serve on the Board of Stewards- Jonathan

1 Like
  • Name:
    – John Paller

• Ethereum Address:
    – paller.eth

– I founded the ETHDenver #BUIDLathon and co-summoned SporkDAO. I know a thing or two about Bufficorns & $SPORKs. :wink:

– I founded ETHDenver in 2017 and have overseen the strategic planning and execution of a global event community of over 40K persons representing over 100 countries.

– I cast the original vision and oversaw the rise of ETHDenver from an idea to reality with Justin Moskowitz. I’ve led fundraising for ETHDenver & SporkDAO with over $3M in raised funds since 2017. I also led the creative direction of ETHDenver with the creation of the Bufficorn, PegaBufficorn, Spork Marmot, SPORKE, and BuffiGwei.

1 Like
  • Name:
    – Susie Batt
  • Ethereum Address:
    – battgirl.argent.xyz
    – Law of Polarities: give/receive, work/play, learn/teach- and focus on all things blockchain with likeminded people who I’ve grown to love and admire for their commitment to the ecosystem.
    – Experience from 1) technical aspects of Ethereum through my work at ConsenSys Academy, 2) non-profit community operations and Hackathons/Incubators from Blockchain for Social Impact, 3) Mentoring and curriculum development as a DevCon5 Scholars Program Co-Lead, 4) Lead, Crypto Ecosystem at Opera Software where I aim to make crypto accessible to mainstream.
    – I’ve been a speaker, judge, mentor, friend, colleague, cheerleader to many events such as WEFs Davos Forum, EthNYC, EthCC, Ethereal Summit, Ethereal Tel Aviv, DevCon5, ConsenSys Grants, Women in Blockchain, Blockchain for Social Impact, SheFi.org. I am philosophically aligned with decentralization, transparency, and the use of blockchain technology to make our lives and relationships thrive for the better. And I’d reeeally like to work with you guys in a larger, more long-term capacity and grow Spork DAO.
1 Like
  • Name: Dani Osorio

• Ethereum Address: 0x7F1585568e4802F230634c9F7b3B590DA3381B4b

Because it’s the coolest DAO in town :wink: The EthDenver crew has always been one of my favorite ETH communities, and I feel like it’s really taking a step forward in this early decentralization process. Would love to continue to push the envelope in exploring what the mix of DAOs and communities looks like in the future! Finally, I would like to help shape the future of EthDenver, and continue/increase the work around building a more diverse & inclusive community around us.

I’m a connector and a community organizer. I’ve organized many events + hackathons + blockchain communities. As co-founder of Satori, I’m building infrastructure/tech for NFTs and DAOs. Also, I throw amazing crypto raves all around the world.

I’ve been part of the Ethereum community since 2017. I’m the co-creator of ETH New York and have also hosted several ETH meetups, conferences, and after parties. Some highlights include includes a Diversity & Inclusion (Open Hearts and Open Minds) event at DevCon Prague which had over 500 attendees, an awesome DevCon afterparty in 2018, EthNewYork in 2019, EthBerlin party in 2019, EthCC’s afterparty in 2020, EthCC opening party in 2021, the Cross-Chain Salon in Paris, an NFT pop-up gallery in Miami, among many others.

I’ve been part of the ETHDenver community since the very beginning, from being a sponsor all the way to helping pack gift bags the night before the event. I’ve hosted many side events/parties and helped the EthDenver team organize DAODay.

2 Likes